For this months Secret Recipe Club assignment I had the privilege to browse and choose a recipe from lovely Amy's blog Fearless Homemaker. Amy's blog chronicles cooking, crafting and entertaining ideas. It's the complete guide to homemaking. In her recipes she fearlessly experiments with ingredients and churns out great looking delicious recipes.
I settled for one of her recent recipes that I've on my wish list since a while. Berry Yoghurt Popsicles
While I've made Popsicles loads of times, I've never tried layering them. So when I found this nutritious, great looking and delicious recipe I was naturally drawn to it. Loaded with the goodness and rich colour of berries and yoghurt. A winner!
Berry Yoghurt Popsicles
1/2 cup red berries (strawberries, cherries, lingon berries)
1 cup yoghurt
1/2 cup blue or purple berries (mulberries, blueberries, black nightshade)
Sugar to sweeten
- Purée the red berries and sweeten as required.
- Layer it 1/3 of the Popsicle mold and freeze.
- Whisk the yoghurt with sugar and layer it over the red berry layer once frozen.
- Insert the Popsicle stick and freeze.
- Purée the blue or purple berries and sweeten as required.
- Layer it over the yoghurt once frozen and freeze again.
- Slide out the Popsicle when ready and enjoy,