Monday, September 28, 2015

Mast-o-Khair (Persian Yoghurt and Cucumber Dip)



This month I was assigned Tara's blog Tara's Multicultural Table for my Secret Recipe Club assignment. As the name suggests Tara's blog is a treasure trove of recipes from all over the world. She boldly explores cuisines and her blog is the perfect place for anyone who loves to move out of comfort zone. I was tempted by many recipes as I browsed through the blog, but finally settled for Mast-o-khair. A very close resemblance to the Indian cucumber raita. I loved the hint of mint and the crunch of nuts with the smoothness of the yoghurt. A perfect accompaniment and cooler. A beautiful dish to look at and couldn't get simpler. For more , don't forget to check Tara's blog.

Mast-o-khair
Ingredients
1cup yoghurt
1cucumber
1tbs dried mint
Salt and pepper to taste

Possible Garnishes
Dried mint
Dried rose petals
Chopped walnuts

Combine all ingredients. Serve immediately or chilled.





12 comments:

  1. Love this type of dip, it would be great to open any dinner party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to serve this with some fresh garden vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious. I can imagine this being a great accompaniment to all kinds of things. Lovely choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely refreshing dish to choose!! Great pick this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just made a Greek dish on Sunday that had a cucumber yogurt dip and it was delicious. I think mint would be even better in that combination though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds cool and refreshing! I love using mint and this is a new idea to me. It's my first reveal day, it has been so fun to see new blogs. Having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice from Tara's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting! I have never even heard of this but it sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very refreshing appetizer! Great choice for reveal day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin