If you havent already included this root vegetable in your diet, here's why you should. Read Health Benefits of Mooli(Radish) .
The best thing about a paratha is that it includes the roti as well as the vegetable in one go. Easy to include it in school lunches since it avoids the mess of packing the roti and vegetable seperately.
For the stuffing
2 White radish/mooli
3tbs grated paneer (cottage cheese)
1tsp jeera/cumin powder
1/2tsp chilli powder
1 tbs chopped fresh corriander
salt to taste
For the dough
1 cup wheat flour
water to mix
- Mix the flour and water and knead to prepare the dough. Keep aside.
- Grate the paneer and keep aside.
- Grate the radish, add jeera powder, chilli powder.
- Cook the radish mixture till the water evaporates.
- Add grated paneer, chopped coriander and salt and mix well. Take off the heat.
- Roll out 2 rotis. Spread the stuffing over one roti and place the second roti over the first.
- Press the edges firmly together.
- Heat the girdle. Fry the paratha.
- Top it with ghee on both sides.
- Serve hot.