Methi parathas are easy to make and nutritious in content.
1 1/2 cups methi leaves chopped fine
2 cups wheat flour
1 1/2 cups curd
2 tbs oil
1 chilli crushed fine
7 flakes of garlic crushed fine
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp tumeric powder
1/2 tsp asafoetida
salt to taste
- Wash methi leaves and chop fine.
- Crush chilli and garlic in mortar into a fine paste.
- Mix all the ingredients together and knead into dough.
- Keep aside for 1/2 an hour to ferment and the flavour of the spices to set in.
- Roll into chappatis and fry both sides till crisp on the hot girdle. Drizzle ghee while frying.
- Serve hot with pickle or chutney powder or chilled yoghurt.