Though I have been blogging for almost 5 months now, this is my first fish post. All of us in our family are mad about fish and no one has the patience to wait till I take the pictures. Well you wouldnt blame anyone when the fish looks that good and smells even better!
3 large Indian mackerels
1/4tsp ground tumeric
1/4tsp ground red chilli
1/4tsp ground coriander
1tsps ginger-garlic paste
juice of 1/2 lemon
freshly ground pepper
salt to taste
- Wash clean and pat dry the mackerels.
- Make diagonal slits on each on both sides.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients except pepper and apply on the fish. Sprinkle freshly ground pepper over the fish on both sides and leave to marinate at least an hour.
- Roll the fish in semolina and fry crisp in oil on both sides.
- Serve hot with tartar sauce.
What is your favourite fish that you love to fry? Do share.