Broccoli is a Superfood that packs the most nutritional punch of any vegetable. It belongs to the cabbage family collectively known as "cruciferous" vegetables. Health organizations state cruciferous veggies as must have foods recommending we eat them several times a week since they are linked to lower rates of cancer. Broccoli is a storehouse of protein, carbohydrates, calcium, iron, Vitamin A and C.
- Provides high amounts of vitamin C which aids in absorption and symptoms of cold.
- Is rich in cholestrol reducing fibre and has anti-viral anti-ulcer activity.
- Super source of chromium that helps regulate insulin and blood-sugar.
- Good source of calcium, thus helps fight osteoporosis.
- Anti-cancer particularly lung, colon and breast.
- Rich in fibre, thus good for those fighting constipation.
1 cup toor dal
2-3 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp tumeric
1/2 tsp cumin powder
salt to taste
- Soak the dal for an hour. Pressure cook with water tumeric powder and chilli slit into 2.
- Wash the broccoli and separate the flowerets, cut the stem and flowerets into bite size.
- Slice the onion and tomato and mince the garlic.
- Heat oil in pan and saute the onion and garlic. Add the tomato and broccoli, cover and cook.
- When the broccoli is done, remove the chilli pieces from the dal and add.
- Add salt and cumin powder.
- Serve hot as a side dish with rotis, and parathas.
You might also like-
What a healthy combination! My family loves broccoli too. I usually fried it with lots of garlic.ReplyDelete
This such a healthy yummy dish! Broccoli also very good to pragnant mothers. It contains of acid folic which benefit the babies. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a fun day!ReplyDelete
Broccoli is one of my favorites! What a tasty looking dish!ReplyDelete
wow,it's a very healthy recipe,i like it !ReplyDelete
An excellent side dish.ReplyDelete
Great information ♥
I love broccoli and thank you for sharing this recipe, this will be another addition to my vegetable recipe collection.ReplyDelete
what a cool idea to make a broccoli dal, cauliflower is good alsoReplyDelete
Healthy combination works for me! And it looks good too.ReplyDelete
Yum. I love broccoli and cumin so the thought of combining the two is wonderful. Thanks for the recipe.ReplyDelete
This looks great Shirley, I only wish I'd seen it before I started steaming my broccoli for lunch. Definitely trying this one!ReplyDelete
Broccoli is one of my favorite veggies. Thanks for a new way to serve it.ReplyDelete
This sure is healthy food, Shirley!ReplyDelete
Great dish with broccoli...it sure is healthy and tasty :-)ReplyDelete