Broccoli is a Superfood that packs the most nutritional punch of any vegetable. It belongs to the cabbage family collectively known as "cruciferous" vegetables. Health organizations state cruciferous veggies as must have foods recommending we eat them several times a week since they are linked to lower rates of cancer. Broccoli is a storehouse of protein, carbohydrates, calcium, iron, Vitamin A and C.
- Provides high amounts of vitamin C which aids in absorption and symptoms of cold.
- Is rich in cholestrol reducing fibre and has anti-viral anti-ulcer activity.
- Super source of chromium that helps regulate insulin and blood-sugar.
- Good source of calcium, thus helps fight osteoporosis.
- Anti-cancer particularly lung, colon and breast.
- Rich in fibre, thus good for those fighting constipation.