200gms button mushrooms
1sprig curry leaf
1 green chilli
3/4 cup grated coconut
1/4tsp tumeric powder
1/4tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
freshly chopped coriander/cilantro
salt to taste
- Wash clean mushrooms and chop. Slice the onion and tomatoes. Wash the curry leaf and rip. Slit the chilli.
- Grind the grated coconut and masala powder to a paste in the blender.
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds. Add the curry leaves and chilli. Saute onions.
- Add the tomatoes and cook. Add the chopped mushroom and half cook. Add the ground coconut-masala mixture and continue to cook till mushrooms are done.
- Add salt and switch off the heat.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and serve hot with rotis.
Mushroom Stew and new beginings
simple is always the great way for a tasty dish!ReplyDelete
have a nice week,shirley!
I have never try cooking mushrooms in curry...looks like I am try making this :) thanks for the recipe :)
Shirley, nice to see you posting something. Guess, you've been busy! This mushroom curry sounds great. The other day, I was using bittergourd in curry cause a friend has given me quite a lot of them. Not sure what to cook! haha... Taste a little weird but still OK! haha.... Hope you're enjoying your day, dear. Take care.ReplyDelete
Sounds interesting cooking mushrooms in curry. Looks good!ReplyDelete
easy yet delicious! Can't argue with that!ReplyDelete
Nice block, which again and again remind me to cook healthy foods for my kids and tell me how to do it. Thanks a lot for ur recipes.
YUm! A nice vegetarian curry.ReplyDelete
delicious dish adding coconut is the best :)ReplyDelete
What an interesting way to use mushroom in curry! Would definitely like a bowl of this to go with my rice :)ReplyDelete
nice and delicious curry...susanReplyDelete
Never tried curry and mushroom. Very eye-appealing worth try!ReplyDelete
What a great curry. My husband would love the mushrooms.ReplyDelete
Looks healthy and delicious. Love it. I'm just a curry lover :D. Thanks very much for the link about liquorice and Alzheimer. Really appreciate. Trust all is well on your side.ReplyDelete
I have tried this recipe few times now, today even :) and every time it is a hit hit hit.. superb!!! Thanks Shirley :)ReplyDelete
Thanks for your feedback Sweta! Glad to know the family enjoyed it.Delete