Farfalle or bow-tie pasta is my kids favourite shaped pasta. I prepared pasta today after a long time, needless to say that it was attacked when I had barely finished clicking the pictures. I was meaning to click some more pictures with shredded cheese on the top, however it was too late. Joel was back from school and he could wait no longer!
I was interviewed as a mommy blogger at Annadeskins.com, (my first interview as a blogger!) do pay a visit and read all of it here.
3 cups farfalle
1cup chopped spinach
1 onion chopped
2cloves garlic minced
1large tomato chopped
salt to taste
1tbs wholemeal flour
1/2cup shredded cheese
- Cook the farfalle in water al dente. Drain and keep aside. Reserve the water.
- While the farfalle cooks heat oil in a pan, saute onions and minced garlic.
- Add the chopped tomato, when half done add the chopped spinach. Add salt to taste.
- Remove the mixed vegetables from the pan and melt butter. Add the wholemeal flour and lightly roast. Add the reserve water slowly to prepare a paste. Avoid lumps. Add some grated cheese to the sauce.
- Add the cooked veggies to the sauce and mix well.
- Lastly tip in the pasta, mix well and season with oregano.
- Top with more shredded cheese if you like and serve hot.
You might also like
Shells with chicken and tomato sauce
I used to make white sauce with white flour- shall try with wheat flour like you recommend. Fab recipe Thank You !ReplyDelete
wow delicious and yummy recipe,luks so tempting...ReplyDelete
delicious pasta love the placemat tooReplyDelete
Wow this dish looks amazing! So bright and colorful with wonderful flavors, yum! :)ReplyDelete
Cheesy Farfalle with spinach luks invitingly delicious.Will luv to try it soon.Thanks for sharing and dropping in.ReplyDelete
We are big pasta eaters .. looks yummy.ReplyDelete
Healthy combo and looks so yum!ReplyDelete
wow..sounds divine..kudos to you dear..:)ReplyDelete
HWoa, i belive this is lunch tomorrow. Looks great!ReplyDelete
Wow, that looks great - I like the combination of vegetables, especially the spinach.ReplyDelete
Shirley, this pasta dish looks delicious, spinach and cheese are just perfect together. Great for as weekday meal.ReplyDelete
Hope you are having a fantastic week :-)
Hi Shirley, This sounds so delicious and healthy so it's great that your kids like it. I have to try it out soon. Thanks for participating in September's YBR :) Sorry I'm so late in getting here.ReplyDelete
I think adults would like this too!ReplyDelete