Its the very first time I am trying Bok choy and I was wondering what to do with it. Finally I settled for a familiar recipe with dal. Cooking leaves with dal is a common practice, so I thought I'd give bok choy a try too.
Foodbloggers Forum I've started a page on facebook for foodbloggers to share and learn from one another. Please join us there https://www.facebook.com/pages/Foodbloggers-Forum/258312444229736.
Bok Choy Dal
2bulbs finely chopped bok choy
4-5 cloves of garlic
1 onion sliced
1tsp ground cumin/jeera
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 green chilli slit
1/2 tsp ground tumeric
salt to taste
- Soak the lentils for half an hour then pressure cook the lentils with tummeric, slit chilli and water.
- Wash clean the bok choy and chop.
- Slice the onion and chop the garlic fine.
- In a pan heat olive oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Then add the onions and garlic and saute.
- Add the bok choy and cook covered.
- After it is cooked add the lentil ( make sure you remove the pieces of chilli from the lentil before you add it to the bok choy.
- Add cumin, and salt to taste.
- Stir well and cook for 1 minute and your bok choy lentil is ready to serve.
- You can serve it with phulkas, rice and wholemeal bread.
You might also like-
Looks so tasty!ReplyDelete
Shirley, such a nice, tasty and healthy dish Shirley, love the idea of bok choy in this dal.ReplyDelete
Hope you are having a wonderful week :-)
AnzzCafe has completed one year of blogging.. Its been a very eventful and fulfilling journey. Thank you for your support and words of encouragement without which it would not have been possible. Thank You..!ReplyDelete
Looks great! I love bok choy and I love lentils.ReplyDelete
This sounds delicious with bok choy, a great recipe!ReplyDelete