This month for the Secret Recipe Club I was assigned Megan's blog Cooking Whims. When I browsed this lovely blog I didnt have to go very far to find something after my own heart. This is one of Megan's recent recipes Apple Flax Muffins. Full of goodness, this simple yet nutritious muffin recipe is a keeper. The house was filled with a yummy aroma while they baked.
Apple Flax Muffins
1/4 cup flax meal
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 egg beaten
1 cup apple peeled and finely chopped
3 tbs olive oil
1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven and grease muffin tray.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Whisk together wet ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Fold in the apples.
- Fill in the trays and bake till done.