Here’s a simple recipe that can be whipped up by anyone. It can be given as a baby’s first foods and can be relished by an adult as well. I love croutons in my soup. What about you?
½ tsp jeera/cumin powder
salt to taste
water to cook
½ cup bread cubes.
1tsp salted butter
- Skin and wash the carrots. Cut into cubes.
- Wash the tomatoes and pierce holes in them with a fork.
- Put the carrots and tomatoes in a microwave bowl with water to cook. Microwave at full power for 4 minutes. Alternatively you can pressure cook the vegetables.
- Cool the vegetables enough to handle and blanche (peel the skin off) the tomatoes.
- Puree the vegetables using the vegetable stock( the water used to cook them).
- When done, add the coriander leaves into the blender and run.
- Remove from blender into a microwave bowl, add the jeera powder, salt and pepper, mix well and microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. You have pipping hot soup! Alternatively you can heat it on the fire till its hot enough to serve.
- For the croutons take some bread, left-over bread (crusts and corners) will do, and cube them.
- Add 1tsp salted butter, stir and microwave for a minute. Alternatively sautee lightly in a pan.
- Add croutons to the soup and enjoy!