A nutritious variation to one of the most popular South Indian breakfast options.
- 1 cup urad dal
- 1tsp methi/fenugreek seeds
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup semolina/rava/sooji
- salt to taste
- Soak the urad dal with methi seeds for 6 hours.
- Soak the oats and rava just before grinding the dal.
- After grinding the dal, grind the oats.
- Mix the dal, oats and rava, add water if necessary.
- Let this mixture ferment overnight.
- Add salt to taste and steam the idlis in the moulds.
- If you would like to microwave them, you can set it on full power for 4 minutes. Leave to stand for 2 minutes.