Beetroot Cutlets, no surprises that this could be one of the easiest ways to get anyone to eat the beets. If you havent already read the Health Benefits of Beetroot make sure you do.
The chopped onions and coriander add that extra crunch. Beetroot Cutlets can be served as a starter, or in between meals snack or you can make an extra large one and sandwhich it as part of the school lunch.
Since I didnt have bread crumbs I used rice flour to coat the cutlets and I liked the crispiness it gave.
1onion chopped fine
1tsp ginger-garlic paste
2 medium potatoes
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriandersalt to taste
Rice flour or bread crumbs to roll
- Peel and grate the beetroots.
- Boil the potatoes and mash when they are cool enough to handle
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the finely chopped onions and ginger garlic paste
- In a deep dish mix the mashed potatoes, grated beetroots and onion-ginger-garlic mixture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into cutlets and roll into rice flour or bread crumbs and press firmly.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry both sides of the cutlets till firm and crisp.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or mint chutney.
That is awesome. I never thought of using beets this way. They have such beautiful color.ReplyDelete
look so pretty, healthy and delicious. Thanks for sharingReplyDelete
beetroot cutlet is a good idea.ReplyDelete
thats a lovely idea....ReplyDelete
what an interesting cutlet and such a pretty color...I did something kind of similar with beetroot fritters a few weeks agoReplyDelete
Hi Shirley, I loved making these cutlets for Secret Recipe Club, and I can tell you they were a huge hit in my house. Thank you for your lovely comments on my post. It was fun finding a way to "make a meal" of these, and I'm more than happy for you to feature my post - thanks for spreading the word :-)ReplyDelete