Every 100 gms of sweet potatoes contains:
Carbohydrates - 20.1 gm
Sugars - 4.2 gm
Dietary fiber - 3.0 gm
Fat - 0.1 gm
Protein - 1.6 gm
Vitamin A - 709 μg
β-carotene - 8509 μg
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) - 0.1 mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) - 0.1 mg
Niacin (Vitamin B3) - 0.61 mg
Pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5) - 0.8 mg
Vitamin B6 - 0.2 mg
Folate (Vitamin B9) - 11 μg
Vitamin C - 2.4 mg
Calcium - 30.0 mg
Iron - 0.6 mg
Magnesium - 25.0 mg
Phosphorus - 47.0 mg
Potassium - 337 mg
Zinc - 0.3 mg
Calories - 90 kcal (360 kJ)
Health Benefits of Eating Sweet Potatoes
- Being rich in dietary fiber, sweet potato lowers the risk of constipation, diverticulosis and colon and rectal cancer.
- Sweet potatoes have been found to helpful in minimizing the risk of heart disease, diabetes and obesity.
- Sweet potato is a good snack for those trying to lose weight. It induces a feeling of fullness soon and thus, helps control food intake.
- Consumption of sweet potatoes has been known to help avoid stroke, by bringing down the harmful effects of low-density cholesterol & preventing blood clots.
- The presence of beta-carotene in sweet potato helps the body fight against free radicals and thus, prevents cancer.
- Since sweet potatoes have a low glycemic index, they can be consumed by those suffering from diabetes, without any apprehensions.
- The high amount of potassium in sweet potato helps the body in maintaining fluid and electrolyte balance as well as cell integrity.
- Sweet potatoes have been found to be beneficial for blood purification as well as lowering of blood pressure.
- Owing to the presence of iron and calcium, sweet potatoes ensure proper blood flow and also improve bone density.
- Regular consumption of sweet potato is good for stomach ulcers and inflamed conditions of the colon.
- Being rich in vitamins and minerals, sweet potato is good for people involved in heavy muscular work.
Hey very interesting food! I especially liked the one with sweet potatoe. check out my blog? http://swagbucksfreeprizes.blogspot.com/ReplyDelete
really a good information, finally you are doing a great work.ReplyDelete