A nutritious variation to one of the most popular South Indian breakfast options.
- 1 cup urad dal
- 1tsp methi/fenugreek seeds
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup semolina/rava/sooji
- salt to taste
- Soak the urad dal with methi seeds for 6 hours.
- Soak the oats and rava just before grinding the dal.
- After grinding the dal, grind the oats.
- Mix the dal, oats and rava, add water if necessary.
- Let this mixture ferment overnight.
- Add salt to taste and steam the idlis in the moulds.
- If you would like to microwave them, you can set it on full power for 4 minutes. Leave to stand for 2 minutes.
Hey Shirley, a quick question. Did you use instant oats or the old fashioned oats for making the idli?ReplyDelete
Thanks for visiting. I used the instant one- Quaker oats.
I specifically liked this dish as I'm not a big fan of Oats...but this definitely is a must try dish.
I used to share recipes with you on CookEatShare and now I've started my own food blog.
Do visit when you get time.
Thanks in advance,
Looks so Delicious and recipe seems to be easy too. How many idlies approx these measurement can make? ThanksReplyDelete