Bread pudding is one of my favourites for many reasons. I can use up all the left-over bread from sandwhich sides and crusts and it serves as a nutritious between meals snack for kids. It can also be given to a baby who is on semi-solids. Can be served as dessert to anyone. Above all easy to make!
Yes of course, I have used brown bread. If you havent already been converted to brown bread, read Bread:Brown or White.
This pudding can also be steamed in a pressure cooker, however I prefer the crust you get when its baked.
2 cups milk
2 ½ cups bread pieces
3 tbs sugar (alter to taste)
1tsp salted butter
1/4 tsp cinnamon/nutmeg/cardamom powder
- Pour the milk in a dish, add the bread pieces, egg, and sugar. Gently crumble the bread pieces in the mixture with your hand.
- Add the melted butter and cinnamon/nutmeg/cardamom powder.
- Grease microwave pan and pour in . Sprinkle raisins and chopped nuts.
- Set on full power (200 degrees) micro-covection mode for 25 mins.
- Stand for 10 mins , then cool.
- Serve warm or chilled.
i will surely try the pudding and let u knowReplyDelete
looks very yummy and easy to make too...How much time should i set in a normal convection oven...???ReplyDelete
Good to see you. 160C for 25 mins should do.
Do try the Apple bread pudding as well.ReplyDelete