1 cup rice
2-3 tbs Enriched spinach puree
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup shelled peas
1 chopped onion chopped
2 tsps ghee/clarified butter
1tbs grated cheddar cheese
5 cloves of garlic chopped
2 small cinnamon sticks
6-8 whole peppercorns
salt to taste
1 tsp lemon juice
- Cook the rice and keep aside.
- In a heavy bottomed dish heat 1tsp ghee, add the chopped onions and garlic and whole spices and saute till you begin to get the aroma of the spices.
- Add the peas, and grated carrot and cover and cook.
- After the veggies are cooked add the cooked rice, and Enriched Spinach Puree, and salt and mix.
- Switch off the heat and add the lemon juice.
- Top with grated cheese or ghee and serve hot with poppadams.
You can also check
I can see a lot of flavour in this rice. I would surely love it but I guess I won't add cheese. I'm not really a cheese fan. Besides, the shop doesn't sell one teaspoon even if I need them :( Maybe have to beg from my friends...LOLReplyDelete
You're right. They will finish the poppadams before eating the rice. That's how my nephew eats. He likes to eat the fried spring roll before anything else. If I serve this to my nephew he may not like it. He only likes white rice. But will give it a try. :)ReplyDelete
Joel also has the "white rice syndrome", but the poppadams are a good bribe for him! So I keep one aside and promise to give it to him only after he's finished his rice. You could try that!
Great combination of flavors in this delicious spinach rice!ReplyDelete
Oh this rice looks and sounds absolutely delicious!ReplyDelete
I love the additional vegetables in this recipe. Thanks for sharing this with us at My Meatless Mondays.ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing such lovely recipes. Most of your recipes mention khoya (evaporated milk). Please do let me know how to prepare this at home.
I will post khoya recipe soon.